Saturday, June 21, 2008

warped tour in pomona

The day started with these two lovely boys! So of course I had to get a picture with them.



Then it was a mission to find the blow out of the times when bands were going to perform.

We went to the Hurley Stage, because that’s where a majority of the bands we wanted to see were about to perform. Pierce the Veil was up first, so we stood their watching and in the backstage area we can see the guys from Greeley Estates, we spotted Alex, but we didn’t call him over or anything since the music was loud and I didn’t feel like yelling for him. But Alex was cool and he came over himself. When he came out from back, he stood by me and shoved himself at me. That was lame, but then he gave us a hug, he felt so cool and it was a very hot day, so that felt great. I haven’t seen him and them since November. So I was more than happy to see him and for him to remember. He’s a true friend! Then he had to go back to prepare, since Pierce the Veil was finished and We the Kings were up next and they were after We the Kings. So after the people from the crowd left we went in and ended up being in the front for We the King. It was really fun! Then afterwards it was Greeley Estates, oh my god, it was so good! I can’t believe the energy, it was just so fun. Then afterwards we left the crowd, we talked with Brian for a bit, he remembered us as well, so I was happy. Then he was telling us that they were going to have meet and greet at 3pm and to come a little afterwards so that we don’t have to wait in line and he was telling us where we could get free water, of course it’s at the Hurley Tent, since Hurley is so cool, that’s where the hangout is. So afterwards we went and met up with Jaimie and Amanda to watch The Academy Is… Oh my god, they were amazing, the new songs were so good too. Afterwards we went to catch The Audition set before it was over, we caught about 4 songs I think. So it was still good. After we watched them we went to Greeley’s signing. I met Jesse a friend I had online and asked if he saw Farewell’s tent, he did and told us where it was. Greeley came out to take pictures, so we got a good group picture.

Then we went to take picture with Alex and talked and then he went to go eat.

Then we took pictures with Brian and talked for a bit also, and he as well left and told us that we can hang out at their tent anytime. He said he was thirsty and off to get a drink and check out bands.


So we were on a mission to find Farewell’s tent. It wasn’t that hard after all, well that’s after there’s no where else to go. So we talked to Kevin for a bit and got a picture with him and he went back to sit in the tent, then we got our picture with Marshall and spoke to him as well. We were talking about how lame it was that they played so early and that we couldn’t find the stage they were playing. Then we went to Chris to take a picture and talk. Then we left. We gave Marshall a hug and told him that we’ll be back soon before we leave, but we totally forgot about it and you’ll read why.



So then we went to go meet up with Jaimie, Amanda and Kevin, but got to lazy to stand so we went to the Hurley Tent to hangout. We were waiting for it to be time for The Maine. So then while sitting there I spot Joe and Tim from The Audition, so I was like let’s go take pictures, so me and Kena leaves, but then she gets lost, so I’m standing there with the guys and Tim was like I’ll take the picture, so he does, and apparently I had my eyes closed, and he told me, and Joe was like why are you trying to ruin our pictures, then Tim took another one, then they switched and Joe took a picture of Tim and I.


Then I went back to the Hurley Tent and I was like, why didn’t you come? But yeah, it was funny. Then we were about to leave to walk to the Smartpunk stage until we saw Travis from We the Kings, so we went to take a picture with him.

August Burns Red had just finished their set when we got to the Smartpunk stage, so we got to see Katy Perry, since the Hurley.com stage was right next to the Smartpunk one. Afterwards The Maine was on. It was one of the most interesting and the most fun to watch by far. John O was all up on the PA shaking his ass and everything, it was adorable, I’m sad I didn’t get to record it, it was just so great; you all would have loved it. Then Jaimie left with Kena and I, because we were in dire need of something refreshing to drink, so we went to go buy soda. On our way back we ran into James from the Devil Wears Prada and I just had to take a picture with him.

Then we passed by Katy Perry’s long line for signing, we snapped a couple pictures of her and left. Afterwards we saw that Against Me was doing a signing so I had to stop for that also, Jaimie left to go meet up with Amanda and Kevin. So I got Against Me to sign my ticket and take pictures with me. It made my day as well, they are so nice.

So after that we were going to watch Mayday Parade, on our way there, we stopped for a picture with Jeremy, from The Devil Wears Prada, he’s just too adorable.

So we get back to the Hurley Stage and watched Mayday Parade, Jaimie, Amanda and Kevin had apparently went back stage so they missed the whole set. After Mayday Parade, Jaimie wanted to go watch Say Anything. On our way there we passed by Katy Perry and asked her for a quick picture, she is so nice.

By the time we made it there, we only caught like the last two songs. Then we all decided to just go hangout backstage. We were walking around for a bit, then we decided to go sit. Every one was coming in back and forth to put their stuff away. We just sat their yelling Hi to the boys from The Maine. It was good while it lasted. We later left to go find the guys from The Academy Is… We saw the Butcher sitting and talking to people so we didn’t want to bother him, then we saw Sisky and had a conversation with him and took pictures, what a funny conversation it was, I had to clear it up for everyone to understand.

Then William came, it was so adorable, we got pictures with him as well and then Travis from We the Kings passed by and we all took one with him as well.


Then we all just stood there talking and we saw Gabe from Cobra Starship and Jonathan from Forever the Sickest Kids. We made sure to take pictures with Gabe before he left since he had a bike and the others were taking pictures with Jonathan. Gabe and I did the Cobra for our picture, it’s cute.

Then we waited to take pictures with Jonathan, it was funny, cause Amanda made him spill his drink and he was like, “My Capri Sun!” it was so adorable. Then we got our pictures and that was the last of it. Ahaha.

Afterwards we were waiting for our picture with Matt from Relient K but he was busy talking to people so we didn’t want to bother him. We waited a bit then we saw Mike from The Academy Is... and so we went up to him and told him we were looking for him everywhere, and so we got our pictures with him and went back to Matt.

We were about to leave so we ended up calling Matt, he was cool about it though, so we took pictures and he was making fun of himself, which I thought it was adorable, he was all like I got my hands in my pockets and things of that sort. Then we all said our goodbyes and left.

That’s when we had forgotten that we didn’t go back to Farewell’s tent to say goodbye to them. It was too late, since most of the bands had already left, so we had nothing to do but go home. Oh man, I was happy to be home. As soon as I got into the house, I’m not gonna lie, I was already taking my clothes off walking up the stairs, I was never this happy to take a cold shower every. I stayed in there so long just to cool myself down. But it was such a great and fun night, nothing beats the first day of Warped Tour better than that.

No comments: