Monday, June 2, 2008

The Beginning of June

I suppose June started off to a good start. Especially it was starting on a Sunday. I think all months should start on Sunday. But I think that would also cause a lot of confusion. But I like it when a new month starts exactly on Sunday. June 1st I went to church. Yeah, I know. Our family doesn’t go to church a lot. So exactly what are we going to church for? I don’t know either. It just felt like the right thing to do, one would think. Actually my mother wanted to go, because my grandmother was suppose to be going. But they couldn’t make it. They live in San Diego and we live in Montclair and our church is in Long Beach. It’s a pretty long drive to get to church. I was sort of the first one there, beside the old couple that’s always there. It was quite entertaining; the father who performed the mass came from Nigeria and was returning their tomorrow. He ended mass with a quote: “Don’t forget your grandmother” a saying they have in Nigeria. What that meant was like don’t forget the hand the feeds you. Sort of like the nine inch nail song. Yeah that was like playing in my head when he said it. That got me thinking about other things to in general. I never got to meet my grandmother. She passed away when my parents were still in Cambodia. So it’s kind of hard to not forget your grandmother if you haven’t seen her before. After mass there was a little reception in the back. I stayed in the car; I had no one to socialize with. Of course I was going through my Sunday’s paper. Afterwards my mom finally came back and we headed back home. I was so hungry but I didn’t want to eat what they had. So when we almost got home, I went to the store and bought some food. Then we came back home. I didn’t do much aside from watching TV and math homework. What a typical Sunday, staying up late to finish homework that’s due tomorrow.

No comments: